Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) in Brief
Initiated in 2015, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) 2023 is a Government of India program aimed at providing affordable housing for economically disadvantaged segments of society. The PMAY scheme has set an ambitious goal of constructing approximately 20 million affordable houses by March 31, 2022. Notably, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAY-G) has been extended until 2024, with a revised target of 2.95 crore pucca houses.
Since its inception, PMAY has had a transformative impact on the real estate market, significantly reducing the cost of homeownership for urban low-income individuals. If you’re interested in becoming a beneficiary of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme, this article provides a comprehensive overview of what you need to know about PMAY (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana).”
PMAY Gramin 2023: Key Facts
Here are key facts about PMAY Gramin:
|PMAY Gramin 2023: Key Facts|
|Here are key facts about PMAY Gramin:|
|Name of the scheme||Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin|
|Beneficiaries||Families under low-income group and below the poverty line|
|Aim of the scheme||Deliver 1.95 crore pucca houses|
|Last date to avail the scheme||31-Dec-24|
|Where to apply for PMAYG||Official website of PMAY-G@https://pmayg.nic.in/|
|Mobile application for PMAYG||Name of the mobile app is Awaas|
|Contact details of PMAYG||Toll-Free Helpline Numbers of PM awas yojana|
|Email Addresses for PM awas yojana|
An Overview of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG) 2023 is a transformative initiative by the Government of India, aimed at providing affordable housing to the rural poor. Originally known as “Indira Awaas Yojana,” this program underwent a significant revamp and was rebranded in 2016 as part of the government’s ambitious “Housing for All by 2022” mission, which has now been extended until 2024. This extension is set to bring life-changing benefits to lakhs of rural residents.Eligibility,Applying for PMAYG Online,Key Objectives & Benefits,PMAY Gramin Application Status.
A New Vision for Rural Housing
In its reimagined form, PMAYG strives to deliver “pucca” houses, complete with essential amenities such as water, sanitation, and electricity, to eligible rural households in two distinct phases. We are currently in the second phase of the program, which aims to provide 1.95 crore pucca houses to rural India between 2019 and 2022. With the recent extension until 2024, the target has been further elevated to 2.95 crore pucca houses.
Applying for PMAYG Online
If you’re looking to apply online for Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana, here’s what you need to know:
PMAY Gramin Subsidy Scheme
Under the PMAY Gramin scheme, there are a variety of benefits to make rural housing more affordable and accessible:
- Home Loan Interest Subsidy at 3%: Eligible beneficiaries can avail of a home loan interest subsidy at a rate of 3%, making homeownership more financially feasible.
- Loans of Up to Rs 70,000 from a Financial Institution: This scheme offers access to loans up to Rs 70,000 from recognized financial institutions, further easing the financial burden.
- Subsidy Component for the Maximum Principal Amount of Rs 2 Lakh: The program includes a subsidy component for the principal amount, making the dream of owning a home a reality for many.
- Maximum Subsidy for EMI Payable is Rs 38,359: To ensure affordability, the maximum subsidy for EMI payable has been set at Rs 38,359, providing substantial financial relief to beneficiaries.
PMAY Gramin Latest Progress Report 2022
As of November 2022, the latest progress report on Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin indicates significant advancements in achieving the program’s objectives. Out of the 2.95 crore houses targeted, 2.70 crore houses have already been allocated. Furthermore, 2.44 crore houses have been sanctioned to the beneficiaries, and an impressive 1.90 crore houses have been successfully completed. These statistics are a testament to the effectiveness of the scheme in providing quality housing to rural communities.
|S. No||State Name||MoRD Target||Registered||Completed||Percentage of Completion against MoRD Target||Fund Transferred|
|9||Jammu And Kashmir||201633||234400||102759||50.96||1809.93|
|27||Andaman And Nicobar||1337||1576||1165||87.14||11.3|
|28||Dadra And Nagar Haveli||6763||5615||2735||40.44||94.8|
|29||Daman And Diu||68||48||13||19.12||0.16|
PMAY Gramin 2023: Key Objectives & Benefits
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin, also known as PM Awaas Yojana 2023, is the government’s flagship scheme aimed at making affordable housing a reality for rural citizens. Here are some of the key features and benefits of this program:
- Pucca Houses for All: PMAYG aims to construct 2.95 crore pucca houses in rural India by March 2022, in two phases. The first phase, from 2016-17 to 2018-19, targeted 1 crore houses, while the second phase, from 2019-20 to 2021-22, aimed for 1.95 crore houses. The PMAY-G scheme has been extended until 2024, reaffirming the commitment to housing for all.
- Monetary Assistance of Up to Rs 1.3 Lakhs: Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana offers financial assistance of Rs 1.2 Lakhs for houses in plain areas and Rs 1.3 Lakhs in hilly areas, North-East states, and specific regions.
- Centre-State Cost Sharing: The cost of building houses is shared between the Central and State governments, with a ratio of 60:40. In some states, including North-East states, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and J&K, this ratio becomes 90:10.
- Extra Assistance for Toilets: Each beneficiary is entitled to mandatory assistance of Rs 12,000 for constructing toilets under schemes like Swach Bharat Mission.
- Employment Benefits: In addition to housing assistance, the PMAYG scheme also provides beneficiaries with 90-95 days of employment under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, ensuring holistic development.
- Housing Unit Size: Houses built under PMAYG must have a minimum area of 25 sq.m, catering to the diverse needs of rural households.
- Special Borrowing Facility: Beneficiaries have the option to avail a home loan of up to Rs 70,000 from authorized financial institutions, further simplifying the path to homeownership.
- Housing Typologies: The program offers choices in house design typologies, considering factors like topography, climate, culture, and local housing practices, making the houses more suitable and comfortable for the residents.
PMAY Gramin Eligibility 2022-23 (PM Awas Yojana 2022)
To ensure that the benefits of PMAYG reach the right individuals, the government has established certain eligibility criteria for the program:
- You or your family should not own a pucca house anywhere in the country.
- Families with one or two rooms with kutcha walls and a kutcha roof are also eligible.
- Families belonging to Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs), and Minority sections of the society.
- The Kisan Credit Card (KCC) limit must be lower than Rs 50,000.
- No family member should be in a government job or earn more than Rs 10,000 per month.
- The family should comprise a spouse and unmarried children.
- The applicant or their family members must not be professional taxpayers.
- The applicant should not own a two-wheeler, three-wheeler, or four-wheeler. Additionally, your household should not have any member serving as a government employee, and you should not own a refrigerator or a landline.
To know the Fund Transfer Order (FTO) summary report for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG) and how to verify and download PMAY beneficiary details, follow these steps:
How to Know the Fund Transfer Order (FTO) Summary Report:
Step 1: Visit the official website for rural housing reporting at https://rhreporting.nic.in/netiay/EFMSReport/FTOTransactionSummary.aspx.
Step 2: On the page, you will find two options:
- Generated Financial Year
- Sanctioned Financial Year
Step 3: Choose one of the mentioned options based on your requirement.
Step 4: Select the financial year from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: The state-wise FTO report will be displayed on the screen. This report includes fields such as FTO generated, verified, signed, and pending. The report is categorized state-wise, and you can click on the name of the state to view the list of districts with the same parameters. Clicking on a district name will display the list block-wise.
How to Verify and Download PMAY Beneficiary Details (2022):
To verify and download PMAY beneficiary details, follow these steps:
Step 1: Go to the official PMAY portal at https://pmaymis.gov.in/
Step 2: Under the Awaassoft tab, click on the ‘Report’ option.
Step 3: You will be redirected to the reporting website at https://rhreporting.nic.in/netiay/newreport.aspx.
Step 4: Under the ‘Social Audit Reports’ option, click ‘Beneficiary Details for Verification.’
Step 5: Choose the State and year on the left-hand side.
Step 6: Enter the Captcha Code and click the ‘Submit’ button.
The PMAY beneficiary report for the selected year will be displayed on the screen, and you can also download it in PDF format.
Gram Sabha is involved in verifying the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG) Priority List.
Here are the steps involved:
- Generation of Priority List: The initial priority list is generated based on the Socio-Economic Caste Census of 2011 (SECC). This list includes households that are identified as eligible beneficiaries for the PMAY Gramin scheme.
- Verification by Gram Sabha: After the priority list is created, it is shared with the Gram Sabha for verification. The Gram Sabha is responsible for checking the facts and information used to identify households as eligible beneficiaries.
- Rectification of Errors: If the Gram Sabha identifies any discrepancies or inaccuracies in the provided details, it has the authority to correct these errors. This may involve removing the name of a household from the list if the provided information is found to be incorrect.
This verification process is essential to ensure that only eligible households receive benefits under the PMAY Gramin scheme, and it helps maintain transparency and fairness in the selection of beneficiaries. It also emphasizes the role of local governance and community participation in the implementation of the scheme.
In addition to the verification process, you have provided the necessary documents and steps to apply for the PMAY Gramin scheme:
Required Documents for PMAY Gramin Application:
- Identity proof such as Aadhar card or Voter ID
- Bank account details
- Swachh Bharat Mission registration number
- Job card number (as registered under MGNREGA)
- Consent to use Aadhar information
- An affidavit stating that you (or your family members) do not own a pucca house
How to Apply for PMAY Gramin:
- Visit the official website of PMAY-G at https://pmayg.nic.in/
- Fill in the required details.
- Enter your Aadhar card number and click on the ‘Search’ button to find the beneficiary name.
- Once you find the name, click on ‘Select to Register.’
- Verify your auto-filled details and add the remaining required information.
- Proceed by providing your consent form, bank account details, MGNREGA number, and Swachh Bharat Mission number.
- Your registration number will be generated.
These steps ensure that eligible households are included in the PMAY Gramin scheme and have access to affordable housing in rural areas.
How to find your name in PMAY Gramin Beneficiary List?
you can follow these steps:
- Visit the PMAY Gramin beneficiary list website (pmay g nic in).
- Enter your registration number.
- Click on ‘Submit’ to view the status.
This process will allow you to check if your name is included in the annual list of beneficiaries for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin.
How to check the PMAY Gramin Application Status for the year 2023,
you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of PMAYG at https://pmayg.nic.in/netiay/home.aspx (pmay g nic.in 2022).
- On the homepage, click on the ‘Awaasoft’ Tab.
- Under this tab, click on the ‘FTO Tracking’ option.
- Enter the FTO number or PFMS Id and Captcha Code.
- Click on the submit button.
How to Edit PMAY Gramin 2022 Details After Application Submission?
you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana website (pmay g nic.in).
- Enter your Aadhar details or application reference number to fetch the application details.
- Click the ‘Edit’ button on the screen.
- You can proceed to edit your details in the next window.
How to search beneficiary status using the registration number?
you can follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of PMAYG (Pmayg nic in 2022).
- On the homepage, click on the Stakeholders tab.
- Click on the “IAY/PMAYG Beneficiary” option under this tab.
- A new window will open.
- Enter your ‘registration number’ in the provided field and click the Submit button.
How to get the AwaasPlus family member details online?
follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of PMAYG (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin) (Pmayg nic in 2022).
- On the homepage, click the ‘Stakeholder’ tab.
- Under this tab, choose “AwaasPlus Family Member Details.”
- On the next window, select the concerned state and enter the 9-digit unique AwaasPlus ID.
- Click on the ‘Get Family Member Details’ button. The details of AwaasPlus family members will be displayed on the screen.
How to get SECC family member details on the PMAY Gramin portal?
you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of PMAYG (Pmayg nic in 2022).
- On the homepage, click the ‘Stakeholder’ tab.
- Under this tab, select “SECC Family Member Details.”
- On the next page, choose your state and enter the 7-digit unique PMAY ID.
- Click on the ‘Get Family Member Details’ button.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG): Performance Numbers
It offers monetary assistance in the form of home loan interest subsidies, with the ultimate goal of achieving “Housing for All by the year 2022.” Here are some key performance numbers for PMAYG:
- Target Demographics: Out of the total target beneficiaries under PMAYG, approximately 60 percent belong to the Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) communities. Around 25 percent are categorized under the “others” category, while more than 15 percent fall into the minority category.
- Progress: Over 95 percent of the houses allocated under the PMAYG scheme have been completed, and the allocated funds have been released for these completed houses. This shows significant progress in providing housing to eligible beneficiaries.
- Under Construction: Approximately 5 percent of the houses are still under construction, but the funds allocated under PMAYG have been released to support the ongoing construction.
Features and Benefits of the PMAY ‘Awaas’ Mobile Application (PM Awas yojana 2023)
The ‘Awaas’ mobile application for Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana (PMAYG) offers several features and benefits to facilitate the implementation and tracking of the PMAYG scheme. Here are the major features and advantages of the PMAY ‘Awaas’ mobile application:
- Quick Registration: Users can easily register on the mobile app by providing basic personal details such as name, email address, mobile number, and residential address. After registration, users can log in by entering their registered mobile number and the one-time password sent to it.
- Real-Time Updates: The Awaas mobile application is integrated with the official PMAY portal (Pmayg nic in 2022), providing users with real-time updates. Users can access the updated PMAYG list for 2022 and related details, allowing them to check the status and progress of their PMAY applications.
- Simple Navigation: The mobile app is designed with simple and user-friendly navigation options. Users can easily find all major sections on the homepage of the application. This ensures that users can access various PMAY-related services with ease and navigate to the relevant sections to obtain the information they need.
- Data Safety & Security: The mobile app offers two different access views based on the registration rights of users. PMAYG applicants can access their own data, while designated house inspectors are granted extended access benefits, enabling them to access multiple stages of the project. This ensures data safety and security.
How to raise a complaint through the PMAY Gramin website (pmay g nic.in)?
- Access the CPGRAMS Portal:
- Visit the PMAY Gramin website (pmay g nic.in).
- Look for the ‘Public Grievances Tab’ on the website.
- Lodge Your Complaint:
- Click on the ‘Public Grievances Tab’ to access the CPGRAMS portal.
- On the CPGRAMS portal, you can register your complaint or grievance. Provide detailed information about the issue you’re facing, including your personal details.
- Submission and Acknowledgment:
- After filling out the complaint form, submit it through the portal.
- You will receive an acknowledgment of your complaint, usually in the form of a reference number or receipt.
- Check Complaint Status:
- You can track the status of your complaint over time using the reference number or receipt provided. The CPGRAMS portal allows you to check how your complaint is progressing.
By using CPGRAMS through the PMAY Gramin website, you can efficiently raise and monitor complaints related to citizen-centric services, including those concerning the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin. This system provides a streamlined process for addressing grievances and ensuring that they are resolved effectively.
What is PAHAL under PMAYG (PM Awas Yojana 2023) ?
PAHAL stands for Prakriti Hunar Lokvidya. It represents a collection of zone-specific, comfortable, affordable, green, and multi-hazard safe architectural designs. These designs have been developed as a result of an in-depth study conducted in 18 states across India. PAHAL focuses on creating region-specific technologies that are based on local materials and traditional construction practices. These approaches aim to reduce construction costs and promote environmentally friendly alternatives, in contrast to traditional methods that rely heavily on materials like brick, cement, and steel. PAHAL aligns with the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG) and contributes to the construction of houses that are not only cost-effective but also more sustainable and disaster-resistant.
PMAY Gramin Penalty Clause
The Union Ministry of Rural Development has instituted a set of penalty clauses that state governments must adhere to in the event of delays in approving houses under the PMAY Gramin Yojana. These penalty clauses, outlined in a circular released by the Ministry in September, include six specific penalties that state governments are required to pay. The details and specific provisions of these penalty clauses are not mentioned in the provided text.
PMAY Gramin Credit Guarantee Scheme
The Credit Guarantee Scheme introduced by the Central Government under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG) aims to assist beneficiaries facing challenges during the construction of their houses. This scheme provides financial help in the form of a loan, with each beneficiary registered under PMAYG being eligible to receive Rs. 70,000.
The Credit Guarantee Scheme also involves self-help groups, which can act as guarantors for beneficiaries who wish to avail of this loan. This additional financial support can play a crucial role in ensuring that beneficiaries can complete the construction of their houses under the PMAYG scheme.
News on PMAY Gramin
In other News on PMAY Gramin, as of June 12, 2023, the Varanasi Development Authority has successfully completed the construction of 250 PMAY Gramin flats in Kurhua Village. The final stages of work, including obtaining electricity connections and other finishing touches, are currently in progress. It is anticipated that all remaining work on these homes will be completed by July 15, allowing beneficiaries to take possession of their new homes by August 15. This will enable them to celebrate Independence Day in their newly acquired residences.
Approximately 2,618 individuals applied for housing under the scheme in Varanasi. After the application process, some applicants were found ineligible and were rejected based on the eligibility criteria. The selected beneficiaries will receive houses through a lucky draw. Possession under Phase-1 has been granted for 608 houses constructed by Shree Sai Baba Infra Project Private Limited in Dasepur.
PMAY Gramin 2023 Contact Details
For inquiries, suggestions, or to address any issues related to the PMAY-Gramin (Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin) website (pmay g nic in), you can contact the support team using the following details:
Toll-Free Helpline Numbers of PM Awas Yojana 2022:
Email Addresses for PM Awas Yojana 2022:
You can also find state-wise lists of contact numbers and email addresses on the official website of PMAY Gramin (Pmayg nic in 2022).
Additionally, you can download the Awaas Mobile App for Android and iOS to stay updated and access PMAY-related services conveniently.
Summing up PMAY Gramin
In summary, PMAY-Gramin is a scheme designed to provide affordable housing for the impoverished and homeless in rural areas. It was initiated in 2016 by the current government as a part of its “Housing for All by 2022” initiative. However, the PMAYG mission has now been extended until 2024. This program’s primary objective is to benefit hundreds of thousands of rural residents by offering them solid, permanent houses equipped with essential amenities such as electricity, water, and sanitation. The scheme is set to be executed in two phases and is anticipated to be concluded by 2024.
News on PMAY Gramin
Here are some recent updates and developments related to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG):
- J&K Administration Provides Land Documents to Landless Citizens: As of October 4, 2023, the Jammu and Kashmir administration has distributed land documents to landless individuals as part of PMAYG. These beneficiaries, although lacking land parcels, were eligible for the program. This initiative aims to promote social justice and allow people to focus on employment, as their housing needs are being met by the state.
- Chhattisgarh Government Launches Rural Housing Scheme: On September 26, 2023, the Chhattisgarh government introduced the Mukhyamantri Gramin Awas Nyay Yojana, a rural housing scheme targeting economically weaker sections. This initiative will provide affordable housing to over 47,000 disadvantaged individuals in rural Chhattisgarh. The government will cover 100 percent of the housing scheme’s costs. It aims to include those left out from the permanent waiting list for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin, addressing the funding challenges faced under PMAY.
- PM Modi to Inaugurate Massive Housing Project in Solapur: On September 23, 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to launch a significant housing project under PMAY in Solapur, Maharashtra. This project, located in Rainagar, spans 100 acres and is designed for economically weaker sections. Over 15,000 houses have been constructed, each with an area of 300 sq ft. Beneficiaries must have an annual income below Rs 3 Lakh to be eligible for this scheme. It is developed by the Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA) and benefits unorganized workers, textile workers, beedi workers, construction workers, rag pickers, and textile workers.
- Chhattisgarh Government Approves PMAY Gramin Houses: On September 4, 2023, the Chhattisgarh government granted approval for PMAY Gramin houses to 6,99,436 beneficiaries who were on the permanent waitlist. These beneficiaries have been waiting for pucca houses and are now set to receive them under this scheme. The state government had communicated with the Union government to allocate targets for beneficiaries based on the Socio-Economic and Caste Census (SECC) of 2011, resulting in this decision.
These developments highlight the ongoing efforts to provide affordable housing to disadvantaged sections of society in various regions of India through PMAY Gramin. Please write in English language.