In a bid to Vishwakarma Yojana: Empowering Artisans and Craftsmen, Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the PM Vishwakarma Yojana Scheme on the 15th of August 2023, marking a significant milestone in the nation’s efforts to support traditional trades. How to Apply Online for PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023. Vishwakarma Yojana Eligibility: Who Can Apply?Officially launched on the 17th of September 2023, this visionary scheme is set to uplift the lives of countless local artisans. It offers financial assistance at remarkably low-interest rates, with no collateral requirements. Backed by a substantial budget ranging from Rs 13,000 to 15,000 crore, allocated over five years, the PM Vishwakarma Yojana aims to positively impact around 30 lakh households across India. Let’s dive into the details of this transformative initiative.
The PM Vishwakarma Yojana: A Beacon of Hope
The PM Vishwakarma Yojana Kaushal Samman, introduced on India’s Independence Day, is a beacon of hope for small-scale enterprises, especially traditional artists and craftsmen. This endeavor extends a helping hand to small-scale workers and craftsmen, providing them with financial assistance, comprehensive training, innovative techniques, and mentorship to hone their skills. The substantial budget allocation of fifteen thousand crore rupees underscores the government’s unwavering commitment to this cause. This initiative encompasses a diverse range of trades, benefiting goldsmiths, blacksmiths, hairdressers, washermen, masons, and vendors, among others.
The primary aim of this initiative is to alleviate the financial challenges faced by our immensely talented artisans. By doing so, it opens doors for these individuals to contribute significantly to the advancement of our society. The official launch of the PM Vishwakarma Yojana Kaushal Samman on the 17th of September 2023 is a monumental step towards providing education and financial support to these gifted craftsmen, thereby empowering them to make substantial contributions to our nation.
Vishwakarma Yojana Online Registration: A Digital Revolution
To ensure that the benefits of the Vishwakarma Yojana reach the masses, the Indian government has incorporated cutting-edge technology into the program. Online registration for this transformative initiative commenced on the 17th of September 2023, coinciding with Lord Vishwakarma’s birthday. This digital revolution is poised to have a far-reaching impact, benefiting over 30 lakh households in India and elevating small-scale businesses to a global scale.
Click here for registration. you can click on the link picture also
The Vishwakarma Samman Yojana is not only a commendable program but also one that will simplify the registration process, making it remarkably straightforward for individuals to access the multifaceted benefits that this program offers.
How to Apply Online for PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023
For those interested in applying for the PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023, follow these simple steps:
- Access the Official Website: Visit the official website of PM Vishwakarma Yojana.
- Create an Account: Establish a user account or log in using your existing credentials.
- Fill Out the Application Form: Complete the online application form, providing your personal information and contact details.
- Select a Skill Development Program: Choose a specific skill development program or course that aligns with your interests.
- Upload Required Documents: Submit any requisite documents, such as proof of identity and educational certifications.
- Review and Edit: Carefully review and edit your application for accuracy.
- Submit Your Application: Conclude the process by submitting the application form.
PM Vishwakarma Yojana: Objectives Unveiled
The PM Vishwakarma Yojana unfolds with several key objectives in mind, all geared towards uplifting the lives of traditional artists and craftsmen. These objectives include:
- Acknowledging All Artists: Recognizing all Indian artists and craftspeople as Vishwakarma, offering them commercial and additional advantages.
- Skill Enhancement: Regularly imparting business and industry-related skills to enhance their effectiveness.
- Modernization: Modernizing all manufacturing equipment to improve efficiency, productivity, and product quality.
- Financial Support: Providing Vishwakarma Yojana beneficiaries with easy access to collateral-free, low-interest loans, and interest rate rebates.
- Empowerment through Education: Empowering Vishwakarma Yojana beneficiaries through education and digital transactions.
- Market Engagement: Promoting Vishwakarma’s products and expanding sales through market engagement.
PM Vishwakarma Yojana: Key Features
The Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman, introduced the PM Vishwakarma Yojana in her budget address for the fiscal year 2023-2024. This program boasts several key features that make it stand out:
- Significant Budget: With a budget of Rs 13,000 crore, the initiative aims to reach a diverse Vishwakarma community.
- Practical Training: Provides practical training to Kargil locals and extends government loans ranging from Rs 1,000,000 to Rs 2,000,000, with the government contributing 5% to these loans.
- Community Employment: Aims to create community employment opportunities and enhance financial well-being.
- Inclusivity: Extends its benefits to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, OBCs, women, tribals, and other marginalized groups.
Vishwakarma Yojana Eligibility: Who Can Apply?
To benefit from the Vishwakarma Yojana, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Artisan or Craftsman: You must be a self-employed artisan or craftsman engaged in one of the traditional trades within a family-based unorganized sector.
- Age Requirement: You should be at least 18 years of age.
- No Prior Government Loans: The beneficiary should not have availed of any prior government loans.
- Family Inclusion: Benefits are extended to one family member, which may include a husband, wife, or unmarried children.
Trades Covered Under Vishwakarma Yojana
The Vishwakarma Yojana encompasses a wide array of traditional craft categories, including but not limited to:
- Carpenter (Suthar)
- Boat Maker
Iron/Metal Based/Stone Based
- Blacksmith (Lohar)
- Hammer and Tool Kit Maker
- Sculptor (Moortikar, stone carver)
- Stone Breaker
- Goldsmith (Sunar)
- Potter (Kumhaar)
- Cobbler (Charmakar)
- Shoesmith/Footwear Artisan
- Mason (Raajmistri)
- Doll & Toy Maker (Traditional)
- Barber (Naai)
- Garland Maker (Malakaar)
- Washerman (Dhobi)
- Tailor (Darzi)
- Fishing Net Maker
Vishwakarma Scheme Document Requirements
- Aadhar card.
- Voter ID card
- PAN card
- Domicile certificate
- Phone number
- Email id
- Passport size color photograph
- Work-related documents
- Bank account details
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate.
Vishwakarma Yojana Benefits
- Increasing traditional craftspeople’s earnings
- Expanding traditional arts and crafts employment
- Promoting and preserving India’s rich culture
- Making Indian handicrafts more competitive globally.